Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PUT YOUR IDEAS TOGETHER-MAKE A QUILT

Quilts have a way of demonstrating that different ideas and thoughts assembled methodically can make a beautiful thing-in this case a blanket. Look at the picture-the shape of the flowers have been used creatively on each block.
Too often group thinking can succumb to that of one-the boss- or a few individuals because members may be too intimidated to express their own ideas.
Bring a quilt to your meeting, planning session, family get-together. Visually show how differences can make a beautiful whole!
Imagine the quilting bees of olden times. A group of ladies trying to decide the design of their project. Did the lightbulb go off and the suggestion- each block of using an appliqued design to be unique? But assembled with proper technique! Imagination and skill integrated together!
Now consider- the corporate world, the school, the business place- to allow such democratic allowance. Yes, there are rules and boundaries, laws to which we adhere! So ask your group to bring their own quilt block next time for an unresolved problem and see what the result could be!
Are you now busy making your own block? If so, what does it look like?

2 comments:

  1. Having withdrawn from the workplace some years ago, I don't have to work within business groups in the way that you do. I still have problems to solve, most of them of my own making, but that can be done creatively, by myself or with Margaret.

    My biggest problem is expressing myself through the images I make with my camera. Many of the recent images that I've posted on my Flickr page are secretly dedicated to someone, to a concept, to an idea, or to a way of life. Much like a quilt ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could put your photos into a great "collage quilt". Or just leave them on your Flickr page which is quite creative and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete