Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 10, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM SWITZERLAND

Switzerland is one European country tourists rave about. Known for not only its banking, chocolates and skiing, it is supposedly extremely clean. It is on my bucket list to visit one day. My daughter Sonya visited when she was an exchange student in Milan, Italy in 1991.
Oct. 27/01"Hi Family! I'm enjoying the day here in Lugano, Switzerland. The weather is great, but it's a little chilly by the water. It's beautiful here. You'ld love all the gardens, Mommy. We plan to go buy lots of Chocolate before we leave. I hope there will be some left to give to you guys when I get back! Miss you and love you all lots.-Sonya xoxo"
My sister Marilee visited the mother of a friend staying in a small town one summer. It was an interesting experience for her as she really did not do much touring. July 14, 1994-" Dear Barb, Adolph & girls. Yes another card from me while I wait in the Village Centre for the stores to open again after lunch(12-2PM). It's been an experience in many ways! But in a few days I'll be on my way home & will fill you in. It has been a very "restful" holiday & I'm looking forward to being more energetic when I get back. Will see you soon. Love, Mare xo"
Although Marilee wrote the card in July, we did not receive it until 3 months later! Lost in the mail! Never was explained. Staying with an older person was very different as anyone can believe if you have had the same experience. The pace can be dreadfully slow!!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: