Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, October 30, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM WINNIPEG MANITOBA

Winnipeg is the 7th largest municipality in Canada.Steeped in Canadian History, it is the Captial of Manitoba. As a vibrant modern city, it is full of Theatre, entertertainment, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and a magnet to many tourists. NHL hockey has returned with the Winnipeg Jets. CFL with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers has made the citizens proud. Howie Mendel and Burton Cummings to name a couple of celebrities call it home.
Located on the Assiniboine and Red River rivers a typical tourist attraction can include a boat ride. During a visit to my sister and family when she lived there in 1979, we all decided to take a ride on the M.S Paddlewheel Queen. Trying to stop one of my daughters from climbing on the rail resulted in a memorable two year old temper tantrum. The trouble with boats is it is hard to exit in a hurry. It became one of those family stories!

The postcards depicted are from the late 1970's. I am sure the city landscape has changed. I have not received a postcard from Winnipeg but I know I did send some to family at that time.
Do you have other comments to make about Winnipeg? It is also very cold in the winter and has the nickname of Winterpeg!
If you want a postcard featured here email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: