Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 10, 2011

COUNTRY ROADS TAKE ME HOME

Was a popular line in a song. Today after charging the battery for my camera I set out to drive some local country roads looking for photo opportunities. There were many but safety was paramount to make sure I had a safe spot to stop! Even lonely country roads have drivers thinking they are at a racetrack and need to ride up one's butt.
More than just photography it was a chance to do some driving therapy. Cyclists and runners were out in full force enjoying the pleasure of a warm Thanksgiving day. Seeing farms, beautiful country estates and of course the changing colours of the trees were rewarding two hours for me. Cooking, cleaning clutter and waiting for the phone to ring was becoming unbearable!
Although I did not stop at every opportunity, I have some ideas where I can head out next weekend for more photos if weather permitting. Driving for pleasure beats driving in rush hour traffic. Being alone with my thoughts and a cell phone for emergencies if needed, I felt at peace. I like to challenge myself sometimes by doing something alone. As a couple, there can be important togetherness but Adolph and I are individual people. The drive today was much needed space. Do you like to drive for pleasure seeing where the road takes you? Can you be alone, enjoying your own company?

1 comment: