Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 24, 2011

CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A REST

Is a popular saying! Changing areas in your home! Adding a new picture to a wall! Awakening at an earlier  time! Becoming more active! Deciding to add one more activity to the day! It takes the first step to get started. Make change easier for yourself. Arrange the "tools" you need in your workspace! For more pictures, have your camera handy! For writing, dictionary and thersarus by the computer along with paper, pens, pencils! For exercising, weights, step, skipping rope, balls! Rearrange your closet! Organize your drawers differently! Always ask the question-why do I want to change? Is it me? Is it the redundacy of the day? Am I bored? Am I understimulated? Am I wasting time looking for things? The larger components of our lives- our job, our relationships, our home- are huge changes that may come with too much anxiety! So change may be avoided! Or small changes help us to start to face the larger ones! Seasons are a great way to tackle change. We are forced to change our clothes closet to accomodate the new season! Actually, it feels good to try something new and know we can do it! Are you trying to change some area in your life today? Share your thoughts or stories!

1 comment:

  1. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference” (Reinhold Niebuhr).

    ReplyDelete