Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NANA SAYS BABY BLANKETS ARE LOVING

One of my summer projects was knitting squares to make baby blankets. One blanket is in progress and I will be photographing the stages soon to share with my blog readers. I love making blankets but especially ones for babies. All my grandchildren have several blankets made by Nana. I have made them for my children's friends that are having babies. Usually I just keep making them to have a little stock. Hats and scarves are another favourite of mine. Yes I have several scarves on the go too. I put a project near where I sit in the house, like my kitchen table. While waiting for breakfast, I can do a few rows. By my bed and if on a short car trip carry along a project- of course, I am not driving. Spending time using my hands is very therapeutic and there is a product at the end. Do you make special projects with your hands? I am trying to teach my granddaughter to knit. She almost has the skill. Back to blankets- do you find yourself wanting to curl up in one? Or wrapping that little person in one?

1 comment:

  1. Not much on baby's blankets but his quotation may be a bit relevant: A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle" Kahlil Gibran.

    ReplyDelete