Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 10, 2011

NAPKINS

Come in paper or cloth. They are present at all occasions. The common everyday ones are useful at every meal. Holidays have a variety of napkins and paper plates to honour the day. Birthdays are a hit with matching napkins to the theme. Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter would not be the same without some new napkin for the day. Special lines from movies- " She folded her napkin!"- a famous scene from The Miracle Worker. Helen Keller folded her napkin! In restaurants, you never put a cloth napkin on your dirty plate! Neatly beside the plate is the proper way! We save napkins from special events. I found a York University napkin in my mother-in-law's memorabilia- it was from my B.A. graduation there in 1973! My mother had a University of Toronto napkin from 1975 when I graduated with my Masters in her things! Wedding, baptism, showers and retirement parties have collections of napkins. Napkins are good for hiding food we did not like! They wipe a smudge off your face. And protect you lap from falling food. Don't lick you fingers-use your napkin!

1 comment:

  1. Napkins also make great note paper when none other is available.

    ReplyDelete