Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, October 23, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM LOURDES FRANCE

Which is situated in the Pyrenees. A beautiful location with a religious importance for Catholics. Many people go on a pilgramage to pray. Often when sick looking for a miracle. Its historical significance connects to Joan of Arc.
Many of my husband's family members from Italy have gone to Lourdes. Two postcards were found in my collection.
In 1996-" Addressed to my mother-in-law, Concetta-A Lourdes, alla Vergine Maria. Ho donato una rosa rosse per te-Gabriella." And again in 1997- Tanti affettuosissimi-saluti a tutti voi- Rosario, Gabriella & Peppino." Gabriella placed a red rose for her at the statue of the Virgin Mary in 1996 and in 1997 family are just sending greetings.
Recently some of his cousins visited this beautiful region of France. Cousin Paolo photographed the sites with his family members.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

2 comments: