Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, May 12, 2012

WHAT WISDOM AESOP HAD WITH THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE

As I was powerwalking this morning, I was passed by a runner not a jogger. When I tell people I walk, there is always someone who says they run. If I say I exercise for 30 minutes, someone always does it more. We live in a competitive world to the point where whatever you do does not seem good enough according to someone else's standards! Or does it? The tortoise according to Aesop just kept on plugging away even though the hare was faster. Should we just keep on plugging away at what we do? Will we see results? Will we win our own race of life? There is room in the world for those that want instant gratification and those that are willing to be patient and keep going. I like being a "tortoise". I have goals and plans that take time. What are you? The tortoise? The hare?

1 comment: