Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 13, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM A SON VISITING FLORIDA

Since it Mother's Day, I perused my postcard collection and found a card from my brother Ron sent to my folks in BC. He was visiting Florida with his wife Sheila.
He sent the card the Feb. 14, 2002. " Hi Folks: Florida weather has been nice-cool nights and warm days in 70's. We BBQ in our portable most nights, lots of fresh beefsteak tomatoes and grapefruits every day and strawberries are in season. Bigger trailer is quite comfy and we even shower in it. Will be heading back end of month for the sap run. Love Ron and Sheila"

For those of you that are not Canadian, Ron was referring to the Maple Syrup season- sap run that occurs in March in most of Canada. The Sugar Maple trees are prolific in Ontario, Quebec and the Eastern Seaboard of the United States. If you have not had maple syrup, never too late to try it!

I have my folks' postcards and find it very interesting how much of a life can be found from the little tidbits they reveal about the family and friends. Nice to see how people kept in touch with them! Mom always liked to write letters and cards herself so know she especially appreciated receiving them.

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment