Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

ANOTHER POSTCARD FROM HAWAII

Since we celebrated our anniversary this week and honeymooned in Hawaii, thought I would write about Hawaii again.

We sent a postcard to my new in-laws. "Hi Mama, Joe, Nonna, Adolph and I are enjoying the sun and the beach. We rented a car and have driven around the island. It is so beautiful. Adolph really loves it. We will see you when we get home. Love, Adolph and Barb" It was sent May 22, 1971.

Hawaii is always a favourite honeymoon destination. The people, the scenery, the food, and the beaches are some of the best in the world. As a gardener, I love the flowers and have included some misc. flower postcards.

Although the orchids are so fragrant and abundant, the Red Hibiscus is the state flower. Don't you love the Flame tree? The Red Anthurium is great for flower arrangements. My mother had sent us an arrangement for our stay in Honolulu. Every time I see one it reminds me of the time on our honeymoon.

Imagine the garden one could have in this beautiufl state!

If you want a postcard featured here, email at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you may address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: