Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, May 15, 2012

STAYCATION OR WHAT YOU CAN DO AT HOME ON A WEEK OFF

May is a good time to take a break form work. This week also coincides with my anniversary. So let's me be more relaxed.  Changing the normal routine is as good as a rest. I still rise at 5:50 a.m. I like to go on my weekend power walk every day. Observations of my world at that time can be made. As I walk by the Central Library in Richmond Hill, at Yonge and Major Mackenzie, I noticed the traffic is quite busy as well as the number of people heading to work. It makes me realize how lucky I am to be within walking distance of work and do not have any real commute as most people do in my area. There are lots of chirping birds that make it seem as if I am really in the country instead of a suburb of Toronto. I can blog a little later in the day. Well it is only an hour or two later but seems much later!! I have aready completed some minor projects- new curtains for the kitchen. Plans for a couple of dinners out at restauarants and a movie. Hopefully a day trip or two to be back in time to pick up the little grandsons from Day Care! Sitting on my back porch and reading or jotting down some ideas for this blog. Puttering in the garden, pulling weeds and just stopping to look at the world around me. Okay, I really would rather be spending Springtime in Paris, but there is a always a French channel on TV or French music to pretend my bucket list wish is true. Perhaps, next May I will be in France! I was lucky one May to be spending my anniversary in Rome! Do you enjoy Staycations? It is a little bit of preparation for retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment