Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 6, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM LAKE LOUISE ALBERTA CANADA

Lake Louise in Alberta Canada is a beautiful and wonder location in this country that attracts visitors from not only Canada but from the world.
Many years ago when I was a teenager in 1960's my cousin Linda sent me a postcard.

Linda wrote on August 4- " Aug. 4. Hi Barby, We just started our holidays today. We stopped here for a couple of minutes to have some pop. It's a beautiful spot. The lake is a lovely light blue and freezing. You could not swim in it because it's icy water from mountain streams. Will be moving on tomorrow to Vernon. Write soon, Love Linda."
She mailed the card from Golden, British Columbia.


Lake Louise is about 65 kilometres from Banff in Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies. I actually visited there in 1957 with my family when we went on a cross country road trip in our old red and white station wagon. The Chateau on the grounds is rather pricey so a lot of people visit the grounds and move on. Many people camp in the area which is more affordable.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures of Lake Louise are very common, it being one of the most picturesque in Canada. It's one of my favourite spots to visit in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete