Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, May 26, 2012

A STROLL AROUND THE GARDEN

As May is starting its decline, the garden is evolving to the late Spring and early summer.

The beautiful Iris!


My onion flowers that are growing everywhere, thanks to my friendly squirrels.



Some wildflowers I rescued from a field.



One of my garden paths is symbolic of many Canadian gardens. For me, a garden is a metaphor about life. It changes with the seasons. As one flower or plant withers and dies, another takes it place. A combination of perennials and annuals keeps the colour all season long. It is important to weed and cut back some plants. Similar to cleaning the clutter from all areas of our lives, gardens also need some decluttering occasionally. The best thing about my garden is sitting on the porch looking at it! Like life, all work and no play is not the way to have full enjoyment of a garden! How about you gardeners out there-are you just working in your garden or are you enjoying it? If we take another path, you will find Adolph's vegetable garden but that's fodder for another post another day. He will want to tell you about it on his http://granpalovestocook.blogspot.com/ blog. Flowers are beautiful but vegetables are fun to eat fresh from the garden. Do you have a combination vegetable and flower garden too?

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks wonderful. Obviously, you enjoy and take good care of it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your flower shots!

    ReplyDelete