Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 27, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM WASAGA BEACH ONTARIO CANADA

I found some old postcards in my collection. Wasaga Beach is a popular destination for many Ontarions. It is a short drive from Toronto so many people will go for a day beach picnic. It is situated on Georgian Bay which is part of one of our great lakes- Lake Huron.

Friends of the family rented a cottage there when I was 10 so I spent a week with them. I bought these cards as it was all I could afford. Don't you just love the cars! I doubt if anyone can park on the beach anymore! I remember the sandbars in the lake as we all could walk out a great distance without it being over our heads.  When my girls were in High School, it was rite of passage to spend the Victoria Day weekend with groups of friends there over the weekend.
It is still very popular to go there renting a cottage or just spending a picnic day!
If you want postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. I think these old postcards are fantastic. What a neat piece of Georgian Bay history!

    ReplyDelete