Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, May 28, 2012

CANADIAN WILDLIFE APPEARS EVERYWHERE

The beaver is such a symbol of Canada. While on a day trip Sunday I saw a beaver in Lake Scugog but was unable to capture its picture. So here is an artist's interpretation from the Evergreen Brickworks in Toronto. Our nickle- 5 cents- has a wonderful beaver on it. Spending time outdoors and rediscovering our natural wildlife is so therapeutic to me. I remember as a child canoeing in Algonkian Park in Ontario and following beaver in the river. Do you have some stories about the beaver? If you have property they can be destructive to new trees. Sometime I will write about the significance of the beaver and the early history of Canada. For now, enjoy the art!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that our coins have wildlife on them. Remember those pennies with fish on them? Soon, we'll be saying "remember pennies?".

    My favourite beaver "object" is my beaver fur hat. There's nothing warmer when it's blowing hard and -30 degrees C!

    ReplyDelete