Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE ART GALLERY?

Art galleries offer such an opportunity to experience the art world for a minimal fee. Viewing the masterpieces is such an enriching and rewarding way to understand a culture and a period of history. Luckily, I have visited galleries in London, Rome and Florence. Le Louvre in Paris is on my bucket list! At home Toronto offers the Art Gallery of Ontario which now houses the donated Thompson art collection. Of course, you know I love the McMichael Collection in Kleinburg Ontario. I saw the outside of the National Gallery of Canada during a visit to Ottawa May, 2011.

The trip was too short to visit every site so we chose to visit the War Museum. I love art but Adolph is a tepid fan!!

Art comes from the ages and hopefully will always be with us. I have a few original pieces in my home but do not have the means to buy an extensive collection. Thus my thirst for art can be met by visits to galleries and even online viewing of new artists' work in the world. Do you have a favourite art gallery? A favourite artist or work of art? One of my favourite artists is Gainsborough. My painting- Paul Peel -After the Bath. Of course, my little grandchildren make some interesting art.

1 comment:

  1. On my birthday, my grand-daughter, Katie, gave me a piece of her artwork, a canvas showing sunset at the cottage. Quite good for a two-year old! She gets her talent from her dad, Mike. I have a collection of artwork from both my kids. I suppose it's time I gave their masterpieces back to them.

    ReplyDelete