Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 15, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM VATICAN CITY

Adolph and I went to Rome for our 25th anniversary. The year previously Natasha had visited Italy. All of wrote postcards to my mother-in-law.
In the summer of 1995 Natasha went to Italy with her friend Ami. She wrote to her Nonna.
"Dear Nonna. Ami and I are having a very good time. We love it here! Everyone is treating us very well. Cassino is very beautiful and Rome is even more beautiful. Everything here reminds me of you and your house. I miss you very much and I will tell you everything when I get home and you better be taking care of yourself. Love Always, XO Tasha"



May 1996- "May 13/96 Hi Mama, All your familys says hello and send their love. Rome is busy with people and traffic. Lots to see and do so we'll try to take it all in. See you soon. Love, Barb and Adolph."
Then we visited Vatican City."Hi Mama, Saluti dal Vaticano. The pope says to say more prayers and watch less Soap Operas. Ciao-Adolfo and Barbara."
Vatican City's  Saint Peter's Square is absolutely breathtaking. It is always a place that can not be missed when visiting Rome.
Ciao!
If you want a postcard featured here email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. I like the bit about soap operas. Maybe I'll send you a postcard from Panama this March.

    ReplyDelete