Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 16, 2012

GRANPA LOVES TO COOK/ IL NONNO CHE CUCINA

Well finally after years of taking pictues of food and trying to convince my husband Adolph to share his cooking skills and talent, his blog is underway.
http://granpalovestocook.blogspot.com/
Why that title? With the little grandchildren on the scene, Adolph has made homemade lasagna for several baptism lunches. Everyone loves one of his barbecue meals. His hamburgers are a hit with his sons-in-law.
When Adolph cooks, he puts his heart into his food preparation. He learnt from his mother who learnt from her father. So men in Adolph's family have been good cooks for generations.
Although in Canada, he still makes many of the dishes that are typical of the Ciociaria area in Italy. Lazio is the region. Frosinone is the province.
We also welcome recipes and thoughts from all who read his blog. As we all know, food is universal. Sharing and eating meals together is what can hold families and friends closer to each other.
So I am happy the leap has finally occurred. Oh yes, this has been on my bucket list- to help my husband share this amazing part of himself. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. so this is what they mean when they say, 'if push comes to shove' ... Adolph calls it nagging ... but I'm looking forward to his recipes anyways ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary emailed and said-
    Hi Barb, It is so nice to see that your encouragement will see the light of day or the light of the Internet. This reminds me of last year when we got together with you and Rose and we discussed our bucket list. I stated that I wanted to return to playing tennis but that it was too hard. You gals inspired me and I pushed myself to get back to playing tennis. That's what good friends are. They challenge you to be the best you can be! Mary and Ben

    ReplyDelete