Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, January 12, 2012

SELF DISCIPLINE

Knowing when to stop- enough to eat, drink, or physical exercise takes discipline. Self-discipline means denying ourselves of activities that may bring fun sometimes. Getting up and exercising in the early morning means less sleep. Being the designated driver means no alcohol! Not reacting to every negative statement takes self-control. Even with an impulsive nature, everyone can learn how to stop and be disciplined. Sometimes by putting up our guard- i.e. I will not react to the situation but assess it adequately has helped me through many tenuous times! Learning everything is not about you! Walking away and not fighting! Deciding on which battles are worth the effort! Not having the need to be right can give a different perspective. A chance to view everyone's perspective and really analyse the views of all concerned. Are you self disciplined in your life? Have you been proud of yourself for maintaining calm? Do you recognize people in your life that are just negative or have a need to prove others wrong? What do you do? Can you leave it and just smile to yourself and walk away?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not as self-disciplined as I should be. Sometimes, instead of biting my tongue, I'm busy trying to get my foot out of my month. Oh, well, no-ones purrfect.

    ReplyDelete