Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

STARTING A WINTER GARDEN

If you are missing the outdoor garden this time of year, starting to grow a little pot of herbs for your cooking can satisfy a part of that need. Plants generally add a calm feeling to any room. Oh, serenity! It is a good time of the year to prune or culivate or even buy some new ones for the house. Do you have a good window ledge in your kitchen? It could hold smaller plants. It is still on my bucket list to try to have a small greenhouse or a sunroom attached to my house to allow for a year round mini-garden. Of course, with a good Southern exposure. When it is cold outside, it gives hope that it will pass. Do you love plants? Which kind? Do you feel it helps with mood? Do you give plants as gifts?

1 comment:

  1. I had an amaryllis that had six huge red blooms. It just finished. I will follow up on your suggestion and start some kitchen herbs now. I may even buy a couple of potted flowers too. I do need some flowers right now.

    ReplyDelete