Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 22, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA

Calgary is one of several Western cities I have visited. With over a million people, it is the gateway to the Rockies.

The Calgary Winter Olympics in 1988 was an amazing and successful event. Do you remember Elizabeth Manley's skate and Eddie the Eagle ski jumping?

The Calgary Stampede has been an annual competitive event for which the city is famous. Cowboy hats can be seen everywhere. Cheers of yahoo prevail! Calgary Flames hockey team has made the city proud. The Calgary Stampeders as one of the Canadian Football League teams have won a Grey Cup or Two. I even have a tee shirt to prove it! The Saddledome is the place to go for sports!

Since I have family there, visits have been made to this lovely city. Postcards have been sent by me but not received. The weather is different than other areas of Canada. Warm weather can occur in the winter and snow flurries in the summer! Calgarians just say it is typical Calgary weather! The Western hospitality is warm and friendly. Even at the Calgary airport not only welcoming people but some of the best souvenirs of western garb- hats and cowboy boots!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Calgary is a good city, almost as good as Winnipeg ...

    ReplyDelete