Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

A FUNNY CHRISTMAS WREATH STORY

So one day during the recent Christmas holiday, Adolph had just left. I hear this stratching noise at the front door thinking it is just Adolph making a funny knocking sound to tease and annoy me. So I quickly opened the door to find a grey squirrel hanging on my Christmas wreath stealing one of the pinecones! He leapt hurriedly and ran away with his find in his mouth, also leaving two other pinecones on the front step! I had been wondering why my beautifully made wreath was coming apart in some places! My girls thought it was like the scene in a Chevy Chase movie where there was a Squirrel in the Christmas tree. Sometimes life can imitate art!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Imagine if you had included dry corn on the cob in your wreath!

    Is this a case of tempting fate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or a dried sunflower! I feed my birds and squirrels so there was no need to steal a pinecone! I guess the artifical ones would be safe!!

    ReplyDelete