Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 30, 2012

EVERYONE IS UNIQUE

People always amaze me. Same colour, same country, same religion. Yet, there can be differences which make the individuals unique. Siblings from the same family can develop different views of the world as they leave the family nest. There are always common threads of good or bad. Compassionate or cold! If you were to describe yourself what would you say was unique? How do you stand out from the crowd? I think I am unique because people still tell me how nice I am! I actually was a lot nicer in my youth but got stepped on! So I am nice with an ability now to have people back off if they bug me in " a nice way". Always be nice and friendly but with a self-assurance if I am not being mean than I do not expect anyone to be mean to me or anyone else for that matter. Do you like the people that say I always like to say what is on my mind whether someone likes it or not! " I am always so open minded!" Yes, but the good answer is not to be too open minded or your brains will fall out! Tolerating, accepting differences takes effort and the ability to sit back and truly listen. Then if part of your uniqueness is to love your own company- there are those solitary activities that bring joy! Or have a pet-they always love you!

1 comment:

  1. ... how glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception ... Alfred de Musset

    ReplyDelete