Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, January 23, 2012

A BIRTHDAY REFLECTION

After the Happy Birthdays and cake, my birthday is always a time for reflection. When I was a little girl, I always cried on my birthday as I did not want to grow up. Due to family problems, I viewed the adult world full of pain. Yesterday on my birthday, I did not cry. The older I become the more I actually appreciate life and all that I have. My life did not turn out like I wanted. All the hard work in my 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s did not bring the rewards that others may experience from an equal amount of hard work. Yet I do not feel bitter or angry. I try to determine what more I can accomplish in whatever time I have left on this earth. How can I be there for others in my life? I live optimistically that I too will reap rewards of travel, a secure retirement, and good health. No matter what life throws at me, I will pick myself up and stand on my own two feet. I am glad just to be here with my loving husband, children, grandchildren, family and friends. This blog, for example, has given me the opportunity to write and look for photo opportunities to use as symbols or to illustrate a point. Renewed discipline is good- a goal to blog every day. It is challenging. Exercise- walking and finding time to do my weights and other stretching! Finishing a book project, a craft project, and some home rennovations keep me going! My work! A purpose to get up every day! Do I really like getting "older"? Not really! But what is the alternative! Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I ask " who is that old lady?" When did she arrive? Oh birthdays, a time for reflection, renewel and relief!

1 comment: