Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

KINDNESS

Sometimes I like to revisit articles, poems, ideas I wrote years ago. Here is a poem I wrote March 17, 1994.
Go out of your way to be kind.
Why kind?
To make the world a better place.
To make my world a better place.
Does it give meanig in a manner that nothing else replaces.
Kindness, thoughtfulness-meaning, a way of life.
Purposeful, meaningful, just plain nice.
Can my epitaph read-just plain nice!
What's wrong with being nice?
Why does it raise contempt in others, why does it hurt to be nice?
Why do nice guys finish last or do they?
Perhaps they just stand aside to let others pass because the need to be number one is not paramount in their lives.
It's nice to let others go first, it's nice to bring joy to others.
It brings joy to oneself.
So do we finish last, if the last smile is ours.
Kind, it's okay to be kind.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice ... Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete