Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THE SUMMER SOLSTICE

Makes the longest day here in the northern hemisphere and the shortest day in the southern hemisphere. It is only a moment in time as the earth tilts on its axis but for most of us, we consider it as a day. Also the first day of summer! Although we do start to feel summer begins around the beginning of May. This year the weather has been cooler than normal so it feels like we have been ripped off! Then the floods in parts of Canada have affected many farmers and homeowners. Summer starts to conjure up plans for vacations, day trips, family reunions, barbecues and even what will be the summer reading! Camps for children who need to stay home- day or sleepover! With the long days, I find myself outside more. Eating dinner on the back porch. Crafting or reading outside to enjoy the longer days. Even staying up past 9 p.m. at night! The light keeps me awake so I feel like I have another half day after work to accomplish some personal activities. I love it! What makes the summer special for you? Do you enjoy the longer days? Do you become busier or just enjoy the " lazy, hazy days of summer"?

1 comment:

  1. I think we should have a party on the solstice, as we creep back towards winter. The shorter days are starting. Maybe the birds outside my window, that wake me each morning, will sleep a little later (allowing me to do the same!).

    ReplyDelete