Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 5, 2011

RICHMOND HILL CENTRAL LIBRARY




Is one of my favourite buildings. It is located up the street from my house. A beautiful pink building designed by Diamond and Schmitt Architects , finished in 1995, is not only functional because it is a library but pretty! I have taken many pictures throughout the years. It is on hill so makes a good walk from my house. The view from the library is picturesque. We vote there, use the Canadiana room and of course take out library books as needed. Even has a coffee shop inside. Do you have a favourite local building?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been in a library I didn't like, regardless of how fancy or drab the architecture, as long as it had lots of interesting books. But, a coffee shop inside? Now, that's the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete