Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE SERENITY PRAYER









Written by an unknown author is one of the most endearing prayers.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE,

COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN,


AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

Sounds so simple, yet it is so complex.

For me to accept what I cannot change is a constant struggle.

To allow others or situations to be. Leave it alone. Your advice is not needed.

Bite your tongue. Walk away. Be supportive, not controlling. You get the picture.

It is easy to state your mind but to stop talking and listen takes more energy.

I am always striving to meet the balance of this little prayer. A life's journey!

Do you like this prayer? Do you have other prayers you follow? I often wonder who

really wrote it.

1 comment:

  1. About 2,220,000 results for the serenity prayer in goggle. Guess, with this post, it's past that now.

    ReplyDelete