Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 12, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM BARBARA-OTTAWA









Postcards are fun to receive when family or friends are travelling or just need to keep in touch.


With the invention of social media and emails, many people do not bother to send one anymore. I like to keep in touch with many people by using postcards. Little children love to get mail with their name on it. On our recent anniversary trip to Montreal and Ottawa, due to the timeframes, I only sent to the grandchildren, parents, 2 cousins in Italy and siblings- about 12 cards. I usually print the address labels prior to any trip so it saves time with the writing. I have saved postcards all my life. Many people sent me a card because I have been a stamp collector so it served a double purpose. In reviewing my cards lately I realize many tell a story. The cards here from Ottawa are from two different time periods- one is the only souvenir I could afford on a class trip in May 1963 while the others were bought in May 2011. Do you have postcard stories to share? As a recurring theme on my blog, I will be posting postcard stories regularly. If you want to send me a postcard so I can put it in my blog- email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my home address. If you have older postcards, do not throw them out as there may be a market for them. Remember people that could travel a hundred years ago had money! So their cards may have a dollar value.

1 comment:

  1. ... so, where's my postcard? amd don't say it's 'in the mail'!

    ReplyDelete