Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, June 17, 2011

THE PLANES FLY OVER

Every morning starting at 6 a.m. The Red Eyes from the west- leaving Vancouver, Calgary at night arriving at Pearson Internation Airport in Toronto in the morning. I like the sound as it gives a start and a rhythm to the day. I live far enough away from the airport that it is tolerable. Planes start to fly over late afternoon again from the west. They come from the north. The planes seen in the southern sky are the ones from Europe. Sometimes I just sit outside to watch them go over my house as they make their descent to the airport. Who is in the plane? Businessmen, tourists to the area or family members arriving for an event or returning home? This time of year, vacations are planned that include plane travel for many while there are cars, buses and trains that transport people. Plane travel however makes us pack very lightly. With a car, we can throw as many items into spaces. I always take more shoes if going by car. This year I only have day trips planned. So there is the envy factor! People going on cruises, travelling to Europe or Africa. Weeks at the cottage- I do not have my own cottage but could go to someone else's I suppose! Thinking about summer brings the urge for most of us to go somewhere. But somehow a plane trip is the ultimate journey! Then there are the plane stories, the airport stories, what a flight! The pretentious stories of how we love one airline over another one! For me as long as the pilot and co-pilot know how to fly the plane and land it safely is the most important factor. Here in Canada we have Air Canada, Westjet and Porter Airlines. All fine airlines. Always hoping they survive. For many of us we remember- Canadian Pacific, Wardair and Canadian that did not remain due to financial problems. The smaller charter airlines like Nordair and others keep us moving. Do you like to fly? What places have you visited? Yes here comes another plane!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to fly. Tried it once when I was a kid. Nearly broke my neck.

    ReplyDelete