Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 12, 2010

GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS

Somedays I just go through the motions. Thursday, I decorated my Christmas tree without much enthusiasm and just went through the motions but low and behold it is a beautiful decorated Christmas tree. Often just doing and being make a beautiful thing happen. My sweet little grandson yesterday, was so excited with the tree. I could stop and enjoy his moment. There are days for all of us that it takes all our energy to get going and make the effort to do what we need to do. Life can be tough but putting two feet on the ground and doing what needs to be done in the day can be rewarded by the people we love in our lives. Do you go through the motions and discover the reward at the end? Do you find the energy to hang in there for whatever reason it may be? Life comes from our willingness to keep going and stay strong. Are you struggling today? Let me know and we will go through the motions together.

1 comment:

  1. All of us have days when we just 'go through the motions'. In fact, some, like me, have days when we're almost motionless! Those days, I don't even hardly go through the motions! I just do the minimum required for the health and comfort of me and my dog.

    Invariably, my energy and my enthusiasm for life and doing productive things soon returns. It may be something I read, something I hear on the radio, an email or a phone call or a visit from a friend, or it may be just the realization that I'm really okay and that I'd better get moving again. Recently, on Flickr, a number of people have started a "30 days of gratitude" photo series, where they post a picture of something related to what they're grateful for in their life. Reading through the accompanying text makes me feel so fortunate for everything and everyone in my life. So, hang in there, fav cuz. Every cloud has a silver lining.

    ReplyDelete