Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DID YOU HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS?

Is a question asked following the big day. Everyone would love to say it was great or fake it saying it was great. Most of us had a good Christmas- flaws and all- too much eating, one child that did not sit at the table, some sibling fighting, a present or two not appreciated but overall a good time. For many it was a time of missing people who were not there. Those serving overseas, living in another province or any other reason. A good Christmas is good enough. There is a magic of celebrating in a normal, family manner. Taking lots of pictures is my joy as I love to make duplicates for family and friends, scrapbook and enjoy looking at them many times. I decided a long time ago that Christmas will be what it will be! Try to do something special if possible. This year I gave some Maple Leaf autographs to my two sons-in-law as a draw on Christmas Day- they had to pick a number- 1 or 2. Frame 1 and Frame 2- David Keon was in one frame while Bob Pulford/Bill Harris was in the other frame. The autographs were from the 1962/1963 team. It was a time when the Leafs were prolific Stanley Cup winners. Since David Keon was my favourite hero of all times, I did not want to show any favouritism by giving his autograph to one over the other. It was fun to prepare and to see the reaction. It made Christmas dinner between the main course and dessert a little eventful. I enjoyed doing it. I hope they enjoyed the endeavor. Did I have a good Christmas? Yes it was good. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. One of the best things we can do for our kids and grand-kids is pass some of our little treasures to them, along with our history of the object. They will value it all the more.

    When my son got engaged a few years back, I passed my dad's wedding band to him. He had it cleaned and resized and it became his wedding band.

    ReplyDelete