Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 13, 2010

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS


Driving around the streets it is fun to see the light displays and what others have done.
The possibilities are endless as the same string of lights can be displayed in its own unique way depending on the imagination of the homeowner.










What would the season be without the lights? Streets with displays some elaborate and others like mine- a few strings of lights thrown around a tree. My most favourite lights are those on my Christmas tree. Some flashers and some stationary. I love to sit by the tree- reading, knitting, sipping wine, watching TV. There is such a peaceful feeling. It reminds me of my childhood as sitting by the tree was always so pleasurable. I have two other little trees with lights in other rooms. Why do lights bring joy? In religion, light is so symbolic. Do you take comfort with Christmas lights? Is your display the talk of the neighbourhood? Do you ever drive around your community to look at the lights?

1 comment:

  1. "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful" (Norman Vincent Peale). Christmas lights and decorations, indoors and outside, are components of a time when we can relax and enjoy ourselves and our family.

    ReplyDelete