Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, December 25, 2010

DO YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA?


Well I do. I think of the magic of believing as a child. Today I am enjoying my grandchildren's excitement about what Santa left them. All yesterday-Christmas Eve there were reports on TV and the radio telling little children where he was seen. I believe in the magic that parents do to create a happy Christmas for their families. The little extras that are provided throughout the season. But my Santa came in the way of a worker in West Kelowna, British Columbia. My Christmas parcel to my folks took an extra week to arrive there- had sent it December 5. While tracking on line daily, saw that an attempt was made to deliver it December 21. Phoned Dad to advise to check for his notification card but he is elderly and might have forgotten to go to the mailbox. Emailed family to remind him if they spoke to him, and contacted the caregiving service to try to help him get it. This morning found out Santa had delivered their parcel- the girl at the Post Office saw the package, called the folks and personally hand delivered it Christmas Eve. It is so difficult not to have all my family close at Christmas but knowing there are loving, caring people that watch out for others reminds us all to open our hearts. Well do you believe in Santa?

1 comment:

  1. Stories like this make me realize that there are many caring people out there still ... warms the heart.

    ReplyDelete