Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 20, 2010

THE WINTER SOLSTICE

The darkest day of the year or the longest night the winter solstice always coincides with Christmas. Often we are told it connects us with pagan times. Old with modern- good to know we connect with those from other times. As we face the sun furthest away from us, we look to tomorrow as the sun starts to return. For me this is a very bittersweet time. It has been 9 years since a very dear friend died on this day-Larry. Although time does heal our wounds, it is always a reminder of him. Attended his funeral that year on Christmas Eve. A dear friend, father, husband, brother, colleague- well one of a kind. We always make new friends along the way but we never really replace the ones we have lost. Have you lost any friends? Do you still miss those friends? What do you do to keep their memory alive? Ironic it is a dark day!

1 comment:

  1. When I think of someone that I cared for and who has passed on, usually on their birthday, I too am sad. I take heart in remembering the good times we shared. It also reminds me to make the most of the times I can still have with those who are still here.

    ReplyDelete