Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 13, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM NOVA SCOTIA

I had the opportunity to see some of Nova Scotia when my sister and her husband lived there in 1973. They were is the Wolfville area about an hour from Halifax, the captial. My husband Adolph came through Halifax in 1959 when he immigrated from Italy. The port- Pier 21 is now a historic museum commemorating the soldiers who left there for the two world wars, the war brides who came to Canada, the immigrants and other significant historical events.
Cape Breton  at the northern end of Nova Scotia is a beautiful region in Canada and home to a wonderful singer-Rita McNeil.

My brother Reed was working in the Maritimes in 1964. He visited Peggy's Cove- an area that enthralls not only artists but droves of tourists every year. Reed wrote: "Hi All": Welcome to the above. Right now I am sitting in a Mustang in Amherst N.S. It's Saturday. Had nothing to do, so John and I came over to take some pictures. No word on when I leave Moncton. However: I will be home for Christmas no matter what.Will leave Dec. 23-1964 by Air Canada if not sooner. Love Reed dc VE2AES"
Of course the people are very friendly.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: