Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 24, 2011

HATS AND SCARVES FOR THE SEASON

I love knitting and crocheting between busy activites in my life. Waiting for a kettle to boil, knit a row. Watch some TV, work on the crocheted baby blanket. Busy hands make lovely products.

I like to make the basic hat with variation. I can add buttons or animal faces-popular with the little ones these days. Crocheted scarves go faster. Variety of colours on one hat makes it fun. And those little leftovers of wool can add a little flair to a row.
Many gifts have included my works and sometimes I am able to make a sale!
Hand work is also very therapeutic. It allows nervous energy to be channeled in a postive way. I am still teaching my little granddaughter to knit.
Do you like to do activites with your hands? Wood carving is fun. Painting. Crafts of any nature. What is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. I expect all your hand-made scarves and toques are welcomed by all of your family. Keeps you out of trouble, too ... :)

    ReplyDelete