Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 27, 2011

MY PURPLE CHRISTMAS WREATH- PART ONE

I love trying new projects each Christmas. So this year I decided to make a purple wreath for my family room that will have a purple and white theme.
There are always a variety of pine cones available in the area to use in projects. Some stores will sell a bag of 6 for $2.00 or more. So finding your own throughout the year and storing them in a dry place allows for material for many projects. If kept inside, remember there can be little bugs in them. Heating for a brief period in the oven on a very low temperature kills them or use a bug spray in a closed plastic bag to make sure the pine cones are okay.

I like to use wire wreath circles for my pinecone projects. These were bought at Michael's Craft store. I am sure you can find some at any craft store near you as well.


So with the wire and pinecones, I'll proceed to the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment