Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 27, 2011

MY PURPLE CHRISTMAS WREATH-PART THREE

My purple Christmas wreath has been made in stages. Finding the pinecones! Soaking the cones and placing them on the wire wreaths! Waiting for them to dry and be secured to the wire, the final process begins.
I bought some decorative items at Michael's craft store. Since I have quite a supply of craft items at home, I perused my stash finding items from old corsages and little purple bulbs to use.

I placed a couple of these purple poinsetta items, used some sparkly glue in a variety of colours to rub on several pinecones, added some pieces from the old corsages and the little bulbs.

The picture shows some of the details of the wreath. The bulbs were attached either through the wire or directly on the pinecones, fastened by bulb ornament hooks. The glue glitter gives a little enhancement to the pinecones.


It is rather simple for an indoor look. I only have one layer of pinecones for this wreath. If you want to make a thicker one than add more pinecones. Even adding a hanging item in the middle could make the wreath look bigger. A bow! A little teddie! Another favourite item! Your choice! Homemade wreaths are so personal and add to any holiday decor! What do you think? Doesn't it look nice against my brick fireplace in my family room?

1 comment: