Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 27, 2011

MY PURPLE CHRISTMAS WREATH- PART TWO

Making my Purple Christmas Wreath comes in stages.Choosing a variety of shapes and sizes from my pinecone pile will add texture and depth to the wreath.
With my wire wreath circles and pinecones, I go to the next. Finding a large tub or container to soak the pinecones is important.
Why soaking? To shrink them and have them close up.
Taking the wet cones, the creation of the wreath begins. Pushing some cones through wire! Placing some on top but attaching with a twist tie, string or wire- you can use the wire hooks for ornaments.
In the drying process that can take several days to dry and expand into the wire, patience is important. The more the pinecones are shoved into the wire, the tighter they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment