Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 25, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY-ARE YOU SHOPPING?

Shopping has become a value in our society! Generations have always shopped for a bargain. Why not? Bigger bang for your buck! Here in the GTA many people head to Buffalo for the bargains! But wait-many local stores and online shopping have Black Friday right at home! For the diehard the trip south with the lineups at the border and the duty tax on items on the return home, I am told is worth the effort. Perhaps for the large ticket items but I have never worried about the $8.00 T-shirts being worth the effort. Clearance racks, shopping mid-season and having emails sent to my home with the Wednesday specials have landed me some good bargains- with little effort. If I spend enough online shopping, no shipping charges and it comes right to my door. Actually books are great to buy that way as the trip to the bookstore to find an obscure clinical text is avoided. For me bookstore visits should be to browse and take my time when I am not in a hurry. Or do I just not like to shop with crowds anymore! I am the one if the store opens at 7:00 a.m. in the holiday season to be the first there and finished by 7:30 a.m. I never mind waiting for the door to open- arrive early! Bring a coffee! People watch! So what are you doing Black Friday? Did you find a local bargain or have you travelled south? Hope you found all the bargains you were hoping to find? No matter where you shop today- the economy has a boost!

1 comment:

  1. Must go to Costco tonight. Hope I don't get run over by a shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete