Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 6, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM EGYPT


I bought these postcards of Egypt years ago at any antique sale where other memorabilia was sold.  Egypt is on my bucket list of places to visit.
The card with the pyramids has writing on the front-May 24th- The waves of the desert are at our feet. Lawrence. The card is addressed to Miss Rosa Zellers, Alliance Ohio, U.S.A. It is difficult to make out the postmark but V.09 1:30 P.M. can be read-1909? V would be the latin 5. The message is simple- Cairo, 5/24. Reached here yesterday. Leave the 26th. L.H.S.
Travelling in the early 1900's meant someone with money may have written the card. As an Agatha Christie buff, these cards remind me of the settings in several of her books. I can almost hear Poirot solving a crime before lunch!
Have you been to Egypt? Were the pyramids spectacular? Did you enjoy the culture? Is it on your bucket list to visit?
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: