Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, November 7, 2011

THE BIGGER PICTURE

By looking out a window from several stories high in any building, we can see a broader view of any location. Like the picture above- trees, old train, new bus, modern buildings, people, garbage cans, circular city park and so on. Using our observation skills to determine what is there. But really looking! As we watch the scene it is in constant flux! In our lives it is a good exercise to take a step back, up, down or any direction, to gain some perspective and insight. For example, I took clusters of pictures from different stages of my life and family groups- my dad's side and my mother's side that had been in separate albums and put them under one roof- well it really is one album. To see my life together from one place. I weeded some pictures to give to others that may enjoy them better. Seeing a parent as a baby may be enjoyable to adult nieces and nephews. How many baby pictures do I need of my siblings? And duplicates? My view of my family has changed over the years. I am becoming the older generation very quickly as my parents are reaching the end. I find myself wanting to let go of some things but not sure what! When I climb a little higher and view again, it may become clearer! Do you like to take in larger views to reflect on your life? Can you just stop and see what is around you? Hurrying and missing parts of your life can be a habit! Can you find a spot that is enjoyable to you? Look at the picture again- do you see something different now?

No comments:

Post a Comment