Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 10, 2011

THE CASSINO WAR MEMORIAL

Was an emotional experience for me. I visited there in 1991 on a trip to my husband's hometown- Cassino, Italy. I blogged about that experience November 1, 2010- Was I worth their sacrifice- Cassino War Cemetry and November 2, 2010- Cassino War Memorial Part 2. As we reflect on this Remembrance Week, I always remember the visit there of seeing so many graves with Canadian service men from all parts of Canada. They made the ultimate sacrifice-gave their lives. Today we can consider the lives given in our current missions. The young men and women that will always be remembered and honoured by the families who will miss them. Many of our elderly veterans are grateful for the new generation of young Canadians who are honouring them due to the current losses. The Afghanistan and other missions have brought a new awareness to all of us. No one really wins a war when there are lives lost- whether military or civilans! May we remember all sides in the battles and pray together for more peaceful resolutions to conflicts!

No comments:

Post a Comment