Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

LETTERS TO OUR ARMED FORCES

One of my annual Christmas commitments each year since the first Gulf War in 1991 is to write to our troops wherever they are serving in the world. This year there were 13 letters. Some of the missions are closing and our service men and women are coming home. I have a collection of responses I have received over the years from a few of the people serving. Insight is gained into the activities they are doing. It is easy to get the addresses from the National Defense of Canada site. There is a way to email the troops that takes very little time if you are interested. Before September 11th, I would send small packages but now only family members can do that. Since my letters go to any Canadian Forces Member, only postcards are allowed but I fold my letters with tape holding the sides for mailing so they are accepted. You can peek in the sides! My energy is low this year so I almost talked myself out of doing it as there are dirty corners in my house to be cleaned. But the job is done! Pushed myself and hope that the greetings from the Di Mambro family may help someone somewhere! Here's to our Armed Forces and the families! May God Speed and keep you out of Harm's Way!

1 comment:

  1. There will always be dirty corners in our houses. Glad you made time to follow your tradition. I am sure the notes are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete