Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 1, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM BELGUIM

My folks received many postcards from friends over the years. I found this one postmarked from Belguim but is actually from the Moulin Rouge- a painting by Jean-Denis Malcles.

It was dated Feb. 5, 1999- Oostkamp, Belguim. " Dear Mae &Elli: Well here it is Feb. and we are still in Europe. Have been to many beautiful cities. Paris & Vienna being 2 of our favorites. We have spent a lot of our time in Belguim, everyone here has been so kind & generous. We have been taken is like we where family, not the 2 complete strangers that we where when we arrived on the doorstep of the cousin of Ava who is looking after the practice at home. We have seen the Louve and Mona Lisa amongest other masterpieces and Vatican City in Rome were I think God must live. So many good people, good food, good wine. We are both well as we hope this finds you. Love Linda * P.S. how was the cruise, did you see my friend the waiter?"

Don't postcards give a little snapshot of a person's life? If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have to send me a postcard during your next big (or little) trip!

    ReplyDelete