Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

ROAD TRIP FEVER

As the weather is becoming consistently warmer, I have the urge to plan some road trips for the next few months. Here in Ontario there are many quaint and interesting communities to explore for a few hours, have a lunch and come home. Of course, take lots of photographs to use in my blog!! Lately with everything that has been happening, I feel a little "boxed in". The call of the road, a little adventure, to see something new. Really I would love to see Paris in the springtime- on my bucket list- but can not afford a big trip anywhere so the road trips- a day jaunt or an overnight to spend in a hotel, are my priority right now. I should just take a map and draw a circle of places within an hour or two from home. And go! There are still some country roads near home that are easy to drive but I can do that anytime. There are other interesting roads to explore with rock formations making the drive picturesque.  If you are the passenger and with a high speed setting on your camera you can take picutres as you "fly" along the road! Do you have the urge to travel? Do you have favourite places to visit close to home? Pack a picnic lunch or visit your usual cafe!

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of when my dad took me to 'beach' on Georgian Bay to look for fossils in the shale deposits. Bought a small hammer ... found fossils.

    ReplyDelete