Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, April 9, 2012

VIMY RIDGE- A PROUD DAY IN CANADIAN HISTORY PART TWO

Last April 9, 2011, I posted about my grandfather's involvement in World War One. Vimy Ridge is a famous battle in that conflict that demonstrated to the world how important the Canadians were. My cousin Roy wrote about more of Ernest Adolphus Ellis role in the war in the comments section. Today there are memorials about the battle. 95 years later we continue to honour the sacrifices made for all Canadians who benefit today. Reviewing the post from last year will give a clear description of Ernie's role. One day I hope to visit Vimy Ridge in France- it is on my bucket list of places to see! Do you have a story about Vimy Ridge? Did you have a family member who served there?

No comments:

Post a Comment