Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM PANAMA

I so lucky to have a cousin and his wife- Roy and Margaret- who are travelling to exotic places. In March they travelled to Panama staying at a rain forest resort.

They sent me a postcard that arrived in late April!

Roy wrote- " Hi, Barb- Thought you'd get a kick out of getting this card. We're fine & having a good time but too much free food & drink! Take Care! Roy & Margaret "

The lady in the postcard is performing Gnobe-Bugle dressmaking which is the result of the european influence on colonial times. The gown is made of very colorful fabric trimmed with geometrical figurs in contrasting colors, usually in the chest or the sleeves according to the information on the back of the card. I think I would like it there for the craft aspect. Maybe another place for my bucket list!

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com so I can send you may address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. We're still trying to work off the weight gained on that trip!

    ReplyDelete